Thursday, May 7, 2020
With Bob Wendover, CSP
9:00 to 2:30 Session
2:30 to 3:00 Networking
Location: The Curtis Ballroom, 5345 Landmark Pl, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Session Includes: Seminar, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking, and Materials
Is today’s critical thinking gap impacting your profits and aggravating your heartburn? According to a recent study by the Council for Aid to Education, 40% of graduating college seniors lack the complex reasoning skills to manage white-collar work. According to a Wall Street Journal survey, at least one third of college seniors are unable to assess the quality of evidence in a document, make a cohesive argument, or interpret data in a table. Chances are, you and your colleagues are confronting these challenges daily. “Where have we gone wrong?” you might ask. But the better question is “What do we do in our workplace to fix this issue?” This session provides the solution.
DecisioNinjas: Building Tomorrow’s Generation of Workplace Problem Solvers is designed to teach you how to turn those you supervise into contributors who think fast, act decisively and inspire others to do the same. Based on interviews with more than 2700 leaders, managers and business owners, this session reveals the eight attributes top-notch decision-makers share in every workplace. Then we explore how these individuals compel those around them to embrace these attributes in their daily problem solving.
With a new generation of distracted, impatient, and technology-dependent professionals entering the workplace, now is the time to drive day-to-day decision improvement in measurable ways. Join us for this engaging and practical session and walk away with the tools you need to compel those around you to become DecisioNinjas.REGISTER NOW »
Instructor: Bob Wendover, CSP
Bob Wendover is the author of ten books and has been researching and writing about workforce trends for more than 30 years. His award-winning book, Figure It Out! has been hailed as “a simple, effective methodology for making good decisions.”
He has created the comprehensive training curriculum, Generations: Understanding Age Diversity in Today’s Workplace and has written or contributed to more than 300 articles for a variety of national publications. His credits include CNN, CNBC, The Huffington Post, The Atlanta Journal Constitution, The Detroit Free Press, The Florida Sentinel, The Denver Post, The Providence Journal, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Entrepreneur, Money and even Women’s Wear Daily. He has written monthly columns for retailers, Realtors and human resources professionals.
Along with ten years on the management faculty of the University of Phoenix, Bob has served as a special advisor to the American Productivity and Quality Center and on a number of corporate and academic studies on workforce trends. Since 1988, he has conducted more than 1500 paid speaking engagements from the towers of Wall Street to the bush of Alaska. He holds degrees in industrial arts, psychology and education and has earned the designation of Certified Speaking Professional from the National Speakers Association.
Over the years, his clients have included Citigroup, Deutsche Bank, IBM, KPMG, Discover Card Services, Shell Oil, International Dairy Queen, Kaiser Permanente, CITGO, Chevron USA, Searle Pharmaceuticals, Super 8 Motels, Ace Hardware, Major League Baseball, and a host of other household names, associations, government agencies and educational institutions.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- How to drive immediate improvement in daily decision-making.
- How to manage the emotional discomfort encountered while making any decision of consequence.
- How to eliminate the fear of making decisions in your workplace. (Yes, it’s there.)
- How to make decision-making an essential focus of talent selection.
- How to improve decision-making through scaffolded learning.
9:00 to 10:30
- The state of today’s workplace decision-making and its impact on productivity and profits.
- Identifying the influences that impede today’s problem solving (technology, education, culture, etc.).
- Managing the on-going evolution of decision-making in your workplace (exercise).
- Managing discomfort, state of mind and intuition when making decisions.
10:45 to 12:15
- Session #1 learning recap.
- Who’s the best decision-maker you know? (application).
- Introducing the attributes of a DecisioNinja™.
- The DecisioNinja™ Self-Evaluation (application).
- A deeper dive into decision-making approaches.
1:00 to 2:30
- Session #2 learning recap.
- Compelling better decisions (dealing with safe decision syndrome).
- Using “think-alouds” to improve decision-making.
- Making decision-making the focus of talent selection (application).
- Embracing situational context (application, time permitting).
- Wrap/resource distribution/take-aways/evaluation.
Competencies and Target Audience
Problem Solving/Decision Making
Level of Leaders
MOST appropriate = Level 2 (Leader of Others) = Middle managers, people leaders, frontline supervisors
NEXT appropriate = Level 1 (Leader of Leaders) = Senior leaders, executives, large span of control
Registration Options & Pricing
To register one or more attendees online with a credit card, click the desired link below. You’ll receive an email confirmation with a receipt. Each person registered will receive a ticket with detailed instructions.
To receive an invoice or pay with a check, please email our registrar Nadine@LeadershipUSA.com with attendee names, titles, and email addresses.
Live Instructor-Led Event in Denver . . . REGISTER FOR DENVER
- $299 per member, $499 per guest (includes breakfast, lunch, all-day beverages, parking, wifi, and participant materials)
- $1999 for a table of 8 or $19,999 for an annual table (email Nadine@LeadershipUSA.com for these options)
Live Stream to Individual, Team, or Group . . . REGISTER FOR LIVE STREAM
- Single-Device/Single-User License per event – $199 per person (members)
- Single-Site/Multi-User License per event – $499 small company (fewer than 500 total employees)
- Single-Site/Multi-User License per event – $999 small company (500+ total employees)
If you have multiple sites or are not a member of LEADERSHIP USA, please email Nadine@LeadershipUSA.com for options.
Recorded Live Event . . . BUY THE RECORDING
- $199 per member
- $1,999 unlimited license for all employees in all locations
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Elements of Engagement: Large group discussion, small group discussion, partner exercises, individual reflection
Recommended CPE Credits: 5.4 for the Group Live event only
Recommended Field of Study: Personal Development
Program Level: Basic
Advance Preparation: NONE
Cancellation Policy: A 100% refund will be given if notice is received 72-hours (3 business days) prior to the learning event. Within 3 business days, substitutions ARE allowed. No refunds are given for sickness or inclement weather, unless CDOT closes the roads. Registrants who do not attend and do not substitute another person will receive a recording of the event. For more information regarding refunds, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 303-471-7401. Please email our registrar Nadine Balabanoff at Nadine@LeadershipUSA.com to have your ticket transferred to another attendee.
LEADERSHIP USA, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. These programs have been submitted to the NASBA for review for 5.4 recertification credits. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org
This activity has been approved for 4.5 HR General recertification credit hours toward California, GPHR, PHRi, SPHRi, PHR and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This program is valid for 4.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
If you have membership or registration questions, please contact Laura@LeadershipUSA.com or call 303-471-7401.