Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Communicating with IMPACT, will inspire and empower you to strive for a better version of yourselves and increase your IMPACT when communicating, presenting, speaking, and leading others.
In an age with so much technology, communication has expanded to several platforms, but even with so many paths to communicate, how do you ensure your message is received properly? Communicating with IMPACT shows you how to take control of your actions and words so that you can be an efficient, effective, communicator that gets results. Patrick has created a powerful process, including six outstanding principles (IMPACT):
I – Intention
M – Message
P – Person
A – Activate
C – Clarify
T – Transform
These principles will provide you with the tools you need to lead more effectively, communicate clearly, present more powerfully, create deeper relationships, enhance your credibility, increase sales, achieve greater results and positively impact the lives of others.
Session Includes: Seminar, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking, and Supplementary learning resources.
Instructor: Patrick Donadio, MBA, CSP, MCC
Patrick Donadio, MBA, is a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP™), Master Certified Coach (MCC) and author of “Communicating with IMPACT.” He has taught/coached two generations of leaders and their organizations to use his IMPACT process to communicate with clarity, lead more effectively, present with power, and improve results.
From Fortune 100 companies to associations and governmental organizations, Patrick has empowered thousands of people with his engaging keynotes, practical training programs, and one-on-one coaching.
Patrick is one of a few people in the world to have earned the highest designations in both the speaking and coaching professions. As a keynote speaker, he has presented at international and national conferences. Patrick has appeared on the same programs with such renowned speakers as: Earvin “Magic” Johnson, LA Lakers point guard; Joan Lunden, former Good Morning America host; Roger Staubach, Dallas Cowboys’ Quarterback; Elizabeth Dole, U.S. Senator; Lou Holtz, Notre Dame Legend; Harvey Mackay, best-selling author of “Swim with the Sharks”; George Will, ABC TV news and Comedian Jeff Foxworthy, just to name a few.
As an executive/business communication coach, Patrick works with “C” Suite Executives, Entrepreneurs, and other Professional Services Providers (Consultants, Lawyers, Accountants, Physicians…) to improve presentation/communication skills, media relation skills, increase sales, enhance their community image and grow their business.
As an educator, Patrick has taught at The Weatherhead School of Management, The John Glenn School of Public Affairs, University of Notre Dame, and The Ohio State University.
Patrick’s expertise has been featured in the media including: NBC TV, TIME, Psychology Today, Smart Business, Money, The Huffington Post, Columbus CEO, WCMHTV, WOSU, WSNY, and numerous industry-specific journals.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Apply the “Communicating with IMPACT” process to achieve more consistent outcomes
- Learn proven, practical, timesaving, preparation and delivery skills for different types of communication.
- Discover techniques to engage the receiver physically, mentally and emotionally that will improve your relationships and enhance the reception of your message.
- Uncover how to transform words into action and actions into results to increase productivity and profits.
- Motivate you to develop a written “Success Plan” to help you actively pursue practicing and implementing these newly learned skills
1. 9:00 to 10:30
- Self-Evaluation of Current Communication Skills
- Introduce the I.M.P.A.C.T. Process
- Crafting Your Compelling “Why”, the foundation of your communication.
- Creating Your Laser Focused Intention (LFI) that drives your communication – Individuals will select a presentation topic and fill out the LFI template.
- How to Plan What to Say in Less Time? Attendees will learn and practice using the Mind Mapping technique.
- Which Method is Most Effective to Achieve Your Intention?
- Dynamic Ways to Open and Close Your Presentation – Small group interaction to discuss examples of how they open and close their communication/presentations.
2. 10:45 to 12:15
- How to Identify the Four Personality Styles
- Tips to Personalize Your Content to Each Style
- Key Questions to Ask to Get to Know Your Audience – participants will pair up to generate a list of questions they could ask to learn more about the group.
- Why it is Difficult to Be an Active Listener? Activity to practice listening skills
- Ways to Build Rapport? Lecture and activity
- How To Engage Your Receiver – Physically, Mentally and Emotionally – Small group discussion/generate the various ways they can engage the audience/receiver, and then they debrief out to the larger group.
3. 1:00 to 2:30
- The Power of Selective Perception – Group exercise to demonstrate “selective perception”
- 5 Ways to Check for Understanding
- Introduction to the Two Types of Transformation
- Internally – How Increase Your Confidence – participants will pair up to generate a list of ways they could get mentally prepared.
- Externally – How to Help your Receiver Take Action to Achieve the Intention You Set.
- Introduction to the Two Types of Transformation
- IMPACT Planning/Application Time
- Fill out the IMPACT Worksheet to Plan and Apply the Process
- Create your “Personal 90-Day Action Plan” to Put These Newly Learned Skills to Work.
- Review and Close
Competencies and Target Audience
Level of Leader
A = Leader of Others
B = Leader of Self
C = Leader of Leaders
Registration Options & Pricing
To register one or more attendees online with a credit card, click the desired link below. You’ll receive an email confirmation with a receipt. Each person registered will receive a ticket with detailed instructions.
To receive an invoice or pay with a check, please email our registrar Nadine@LeadershipUSA.biz with attendee names, titles, and email addresses.
Live Instructor-Led Event in Denver…..REGISTER FOR DENVER
- $299 per member, $499 per guest (includes breakfast, lunch, all-day beverages, parking, wifi, and participant materials)
- $1999 for a table of 8 or $19,999 for an annual table (email Nadine@LeadershipUSA.biz for these options)
Live Stream to Individual, Team, or Group….. REGISTER FOR LIVE STREAM
Recorded Live Event…..BUY THE RECORDING
- $199 per member
- $1,999 unlimited license for all employees in all locations
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Elements of Engagement: Large group discussion, small group discussion, partner exercises, individual reflection
Recommended CPE Credits: 5.4 for the Group Live event only
Recommended Field of Study: Personal Development
Program Level: Basic
Advance Preparation: NONE
Cancellation Policy: A 100% refund will be given if notice is received 72-hours (3 business days) prior to the learning event. Within 3 business days, substitutions ARE allowed. No refunds are given for sickness or inclement weather, unless CDOT closes the roads. Registrants who do not attend and do not substitute another person will receive a recording of the event. For more information regarding refunds, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 303-471-7401. Please email our registrar Nadine Balabanoff at Nadine@LeadershipUSA.biz to have your ticket transferred to another attendee.
LEADERSHIP USA, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org
This activity has been approved for 4.5 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward California, GPHR, PHRi, SPHRi, PHR and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of the seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
This program is valid for 4.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
If you have membership or registration questions, please contact John@LeadershipUSAColorado.com or call 303-471-7401.