Presented by Mandi Stanley, CSP
Originally Recorded on March 11, 2020
As the pace of commoditization accelerates and the emergence of technological disruption threatens our existing business models, we must transform our teams at a faster rate than the external environment is changing. This engaging, case-study rich session will unlock the keys to accelerating growth in your team and your organization. Peter will encourage you to have vision and create a setting for your team to thrive because organizations don’t transform – leaders do.
This fast-moving interactive course for better business writing on the job targets leaders and executives who oversee outgoing correspondence, professional documentation, and email throughout the business day.
CUSTOMIZATION: All examples and exercises are based on actual participant correspondence and documents. This is not a cookie-cutter generic business writing class. You will learn—and even practice:
- The top seven credibility-robbing mistakes in business emails and how to avoid them
- The importance of a complete email subject line—and how to write one consistently every time
- FAVORITE TOPIC: The new guidelines for using bulleted lists in reports, proposals, emails, and updates
- Where to cut the clutter: the wasted words and pretentious phrases that can cause confusion
- Current approaches to gain better receptivity with guidelines for non-inflammatory language, gender-neutral references, and attention to tone
- How to use mapping to organize your thoughts and save time drafting your message
- How to make sure documents bearing your organization’s name and insignia are absolutely error free with no embarrassing mistakes or typos
- BONUS: A crash course in commonly confused and misused words at work
About Mandi Stanley, CSP: With more than 25 years’ experience as a speaker and trainer, Certified Speaking Professional Mandi Stanley works primarily with business and governmental leaders who want to boost their professional image by becoming better speakers and writers. She has traveled throughout North America entertaining and educating thousands of participants with such customized programs as:
- Write It So They Read It: Executive-Level Writing in Just One Day
- Proof It! How To Be a Better Proofreader
- Grammar-for-Grownups Quick Course
- No-Panic Presentation Skills for Emerging Leaders
Some of her repeat clients include: Nuclear Energy Institute, United States Air Force, McDonald’s USA, Kimberly-Clark’s World Headquarters, NASA, Godiva Chocolate, Campbell’s Soup, and National Football League (NFL)
In 2003, Mandi was designated a CSP, Certified Speaking Professional, becoming the first Mississippian to receive this honor through the National Speakers Association. She’s the award-winning business author of The No-Panic Plan for Presenters: An A-to-Z Checklist for Speaking Confidently and Compellingly Anywhere, Anytime and the soon-to-be-released Before You Press Send executive communication tips book.A summa cum laude graduate with concentrations in English and communication, she parlayed her early experience as a newspaper editor to serve as a five-year faculty member of the American Management Association, where she wrote and designed two professional writing seminars. Today she travels throughout North America working with executives to get their messages across with the results they want. Audiences appreciate her platform enthusiasm, interactive style, and content-rich messages.
Session includes: 4.5 hours of course content, broken into three 90-minute videos, plus the Participant Workbook.
$199.00 Single User License per person (members)
$299.00 Single User License per person (non-members)
$1999.00 Unlimited User License (available to members only)
To purchase, click the BUY NOW button below to send an email to our registrar, Nadine@LeadershipUSA.com, to receive an invoice for this product. You may pay online with a credit card or send a check by mail. Once paid, you’ll receive a link to the online video and workbook.