Tuesday, February 19, 2019
How do you influence stakeholders or members of your team?
You influence throughout your day. Whether you need to persuade internal partners, align on priorities, or ask for additional resources, you need this essential skill. Influencing requires an understanding of human behavior and strategic application of specific techniques.
You will develop a greater awareness and mastery of how to move others. Using BRODY’s Influence Planner tool, you will practice a comprehensive planning approach for increased clarity, connection, and communication.
Marjorie’s Influence Without Authority session focuses on 6 modules:
- Define Influencing Without Authority
- Recognize Types of Influence
- Explore Tools of Influence
- Building Blocks of Influence (C3 Framework)
- Use the Influence Planner Tool
- Prepare an Influencing Presentation or Conversation
Session Includes: Seminar, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking, and Supplementary learning resources.
Instructor: Marjorie Brody, CSP, CPAE
Marjorie Brody, is a Hall of Fame speaker, Professional Certified Coach, and Certified Speaking Professional. She helps clients improve leadership communication skills through executive and skills-based coaching and customized training solutions.
Marjorie is Founder & CEO of BRODY Professional Development in Jenkintown, PA, a global training and consulting company.
Over the course of three decades, she has developed a team of outstanding training and coaching professionals who bring real world experience to client engagements. That is why more than 85% of BRODY business comes from client referrals — many at Fortune 100 and 500 companies.
Marjorie has served on several boards, and is author of 30+ books, including IMPACT! Deliver Presentations That Get Results, Ignite Your Personal Brand: Create Positive Visibility, and Influencing Without Authority: People, Projects & Progress. She has made many media appearances, including on CNBC and Fox-TV, and been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, People, Glamour, BusinessWeek, Fortune and other publications.
Marjorie loves to travel, ski and spend time with her family.
Marjorie has won multiple awards/honors, including…
- Pennsylvania Best 50 Women in Business
- Inducted into the Speaker’s Hall of Fame (National Speakers Association)
- Named one of the “World’s Top 30 Communication Professionals” by GlobalGurus.org (number 15)
- Induction into the Temple University “Women’s Entrepreneurial Hall of Fame”
- “Pennsylvania’s Best 50 Women in Business”
- One of 12 women selected “Distinguished National Leaders,” National Association of Women Business Owners, Greater Philadelphia Chapter
- One of 25 women chosen as “Women of Distinction” by Philadelphia Business Journal, National Association of Women Business Owners & The Forum of Executive Women.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Cultivate curiosity and leverage questioning skills to increase clarity
- Deepen relationships through perspective-taking
- Communicate your “ask” with clarity and conviction
- 9:00 to 10:30 (1st 90-minute teaching session)
- Activity – polling questions to get buy-in regarding how much and where people influence.
- Defining influence
- Methods of influence
- Activity (sharing examples) – in smaller groups, participants will share with each other personal examples of where their influence skills worked and where they didn’t. A few groups will then share these with the larger group.
- Select a topic
- 10:45 to 12:15 (2nd 90-minute teaching session)
- Introduction of the C3 Framework
- Clarity: Lecture and activity – asking questions
- Activity: Fill in planner questions – Individuals will select a topic for influence and fill out the related questions in the Influence Planner, and then share in pairs.
- Connection: Activity – perspective – Pairs will do the Time Traveler Exercise … Person A explains to Person B (who’s from the 1700s) what a TSA scanner machine is. Then, they switch roles, and the new Person A explains to Person B (from 1700s) what email is.
- Empathy activity
- 1:00 to 2:30 (3rd 90-minute session or group learning/experiential session)
- Connection continued
- Activity – finding commonalities – in small groups, they look for their uncommon commonalities, and then they debrief out to the larger group. Participants also complete more questions in the Influence Planner and share them with a partner.
- Fill out planner
- Fill out planner
- Lecture – structuring the conversation/presentation
- Activity – prepare the conversation/presentation, deliver in pairs – Participants complete the remaining Influence Planner questions individually, and put together a conversation (presentation) to influence their partner about their influencing topic.
- Review and close
Competencies and Target Audience
Level of Leader
A = Leader of Self
B = Leader of Others
C = Leader of Leaders
Registration Options & Pricing
To register one or more attendees online with a credit card, click the desired link below. You’ll receive an email confirmation with a receipt. Each person registered will receive a ticket with detailed instructions.
To receive an invoice or pay with a check, please email our registrar [email protected]
with attendee names, titles, and email addresses.
Live Instructor-Led Event in Denver…..REGISTER FOR DENVER
- $299 per member, $499 per guest (includes breakfast, lunch, all-day beverages, parking, wifi, and participant materials)
- $1999 for a table of 8 or $19,999 for an annual table (email [email protected] for these options)
Live Stream to Individual, Team, or Group….. REGISTER FOR LIVE STREAM
Recorded Live Event…..BUY THE RECORDING
- $199 per member
- $1,999 unlimited license for all employees in all locations
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Elements of Engagement: Large group discussion, small group discussion, partner exercises, individual reflection
Recommended CPE Credits: 5.4 for the Group Live event only
Recommended Field of Study: Personal Development
Program Level: Basic
Advance Preparation: NONE
Cancellation Policy: A 100% refund will be given if notice is received 72-hours (3 business days) prior to the learning event. Within 3 business days, substitutions are allowed. For more information regarding refunds, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 303-471-7401. Please email our registrar Nadine Balabanoff at [email protected] to have your ticket transferred to another attendee.
LEADERSHIP USA, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org
This activity has been approved for 4.5 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward California, GPHR, PHRi, SPHRi, PHR and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of the seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
This program is valid for 4.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
If you have membership or registration questions, please contact [email protected] or call 303-471-7401.