Wednesday, August 14, 2019
With Erika Garms, PH.D.
9:00 to 2:30 Session
2:30 to 3:00 Networking
Location: The Curtis Ballroom, 5345 Landmark Pl, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Session Includes: Seminar, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking, and Materials
Stop doing what doesn’t work. Learning the activators of “radical productivity” will save you time and frustration by discovering exactly what to do and what not to do to boost your own performance, staff performance, and shape the sort of responsive work culture you want.
With direct guidance and support from Dr. Erika Garms, you’ll grow your self-awareness using tools you haven’t used before. You’ll learn techniques to ramp up your efficiency making the most of your brainpower, getting far more and better productivity than you have in the past without burning yourself out. With cutting-edge methods shared with clients worldwide, Erika will then lead you through how to sharpen your perspective-taking – a skill set shown to be revered in the best leaders. You’ll discover brain-friendly ways to impact, persuade, connect with others, and exactly what behaviors (and words!) will get in the way of you reaching others with your message, skills, or gifts.
Hear and see how to apply the techniques and tools . . . scripts will help you put the ideas to immediate use.
Ramp up your clarity, confidence and control with methods proven to increase effectiveness and lower stress.
Walk away with:
- Set of new tools for lower anxiety and stress
- Strategies for leading change that work, unlike most methods out there
- Ways to address their biggest work challenges now
- Techniques to manage priorities, time, attention, focus, and energy (gain back 20% of your time right away)
- New, simple framework for understanding others’ behavior
- Methods to address negativity and performance challenges
- . . . and other life-enhancing impacts!
Instructor: Erika Garms, PH.D.
Erika Garms helps bright leaders and teams work, manage, and innovate smarter. As CEO of consulting firm, WorkingSmarts, she uses her gift for translating powerful scientific theory to everyday workplace practice, to shape healthier and higher-performing organizations.
Erika has played a number of consulting and leadership roles including internal consultant, organization development unit manager, and organization development/change/executive management consultant with two large, global management consulting firms. She also worked with start-up HR and IT consultancies. Erika has served public sector and private sector organizations across many industries – from food to finance, education to energy, healthcare and technology.
She earned a BA and an MA from the University of Colorado, a PhD from the University of Minnesota, and completed a post-graduate program with distinction from the NeuroLeadership Institute/Sussex University. Garms is the author of, “The Brain-Friendly Workplace: Five Big Ideas from Neuroscience That Address Organizational Challenges” and the upcoming, “ManagementSmarts,” due out this year. She consults and speaks regularly at conferences, company meetings, and management retreats across the U.S. and abroad. Erika is a professional member of the National Speakers Association and past Dean of the NSA Speakers Academy.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Take away techniques to manage priorities, time, attention, focus, and energy (gain back 20% of your time right away)
- Discover brain-friendly ways to impact, persuade, and connect with others that will propel action and results
- Uncover strategies for leading change that work, unlike most methods out there
- Collect methods to address negativity, disengagement, and performance challenges
1. 9:00 to 10:30
- My signature story @ where my work/passion came from
- Introductions – biggest pains, aggravations related to being productive
- What’s “radical productivity” and how is it different or new?
- Introducing the framework and activators:
- Boundaries, habits, self-talk, the 5 Whys, personal drivers, and self-care
- Care of PFC
- Focus and attention
2. 10:45 to 12:15
Finish Maximizing Brainpower
- Time, priorities, and energy management & techniques
- Body/sleep/mindfulness through the day
- True insight and how to encourage it
- Feedback – the good, the bad, and the ugly
- Building teams that respond and produce
3. 1:00 to 2:30
- Charisma for managers and leaders – what is it? how to boost it
- Holding epic (brain-friendly) meetings for huge productivity and cost gains
- Leading change that will stick and attract others
- Identifying the legacy we want to leave – guiding constellations to drive our focus and performance
Remembering the radical — action planning for applying activators
Competencies and Target Audience
Level of Leader
A = Leader of Others
B = Leader of Self
C = Leader of Leaders
Registration Options & Pricing
To register one or more attendees online with a credit card, click the desired link below. You’ll receive an email confirmation with a receipt. Each person registered will receive a ticket with detailed instructions.
To receive an invoice or pay with a check, please email our registrar [email protected] with attendee names, titles, and email addresses.
Live Instructor-Led Event in Denver…..REGISTER FOR DENVER
- $299 per member, $499 per guest (includes breakfast, lunch, all-day beverages, parking, wifi, and participant materials)
- $1999 for a table of 8 or $19,999 for an annual table (email [email protected] for these options)
Live Stream to Individual, Team, or Group….. REGISTER FOR LIVE STREAM
Recorded Live Event…..BUY THE RECORDING
- $199 per member
- $1,999 unlimited license for all employees in all locations
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Elements of Engagement: Large group discussion, small group discussion, partner exercises, individual reflection
Recommended CPE Credits: 5.4 for the Group Live event only
Recommended Field of Study: Personal Development
Program Level: Basic
Advance Preparation: NONE
Cancellation Policy: A 100% refund will be given if notice is received 72-hours (3 business days) prior to the learning event. Within 3 business days, substitutions ARE allowed. No refunds are given for sickness or inclement weather, unless CDOT closes the roads. Registrants who do not attend and do not substitute another person will receive a recording of the event. For more information regarding refunds, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 303-471-7401. Please email our registrar Nadine Balabanoff at [email protected] to have your ticket transferred to another attendee.
LEADERSHIP USA, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org
This activity has been approved for 4.5 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward California, GPHR, PHRi, SPHRi, PHR and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of the seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
This program is valid for 4.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
If you have membership or registration questions, please contact [email protected] or call 303-471-7401.