Wednesday, December 9, 2020
With Michelle Tillis Lederman, CSP
9:00 to 2:30 Session
2:30 to 3:00 Networking
Location: The Curtis Ballroom, 5345 Landmark Pl, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Session Includes: Seminar, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking, and Materials
Did you know $11 billion is lost annually due to employee turnover? Employee disengagement costs more than $500 billion per year. On top of that, 56% of employers report difficulty retaining top talent. And the #1 reason employees leave… their boss.
Do you want to be a leader people want to work for? Creating a strong, engaged team translates into a more positive work environment, lower turnover, and greater productivity and collaboration. It also has a direct effect on your organization’s bottom line: companies with highly engaged employees outperform others by over 200%.
Your ability to create meaningful and lasting relationships directly impacts your success from hiring, to referrals, to closing the deal. Discover how you can become a leader who attracts and engages an eager, committed team. Expand your role, build loyalty, and close deals on relationships not price. And when opportunities arise, be first in mind and someone they want to say ‘yes’ to!
Connected Leadership will help you develop the specific skills you need to better connect with your employees. Through this dynamic, highly interactive workshop, you will learn how to build stronger relationships that increase your value, influence, and impact. You will leave with increased clarity on your leadership brand, new tools and skills, and greater confidence—ready to engage your team and expand your influence throughout your organization.REGISTER NOW »
Instructor: Michelle Tillis Lederman, CSP
Michelle Tillis Lederman, CSP is known for her energetic, engaging, and authentic presentations. An expert on workplace communications and relationships, Michelle’s mission is to help people work better together and advance their individual impact. She is an accomplished speaker, trainer, coach, and author of four books including the #1 new release The Connectors Advantage and the internationally recognized, The 11 Laws of Likability.
Michelle, named one of Forbes Top 25 Networking Experts, is a connection creator and CEO of Executive Essentials, which provides customized communications and leadership programs for fortune 500, non-profit, university and government clients. Her clients include JPMorgan, J&J, Deutsche Bank, Michigan State University, MetLife, Sony, Ernst & Young, the Department of Environmental Protection, and Madison Square Garden. Passionate about education, Michelle served as an Adjunct Professor at NYU, on the faculty of the American Management Association, Lehigh Executive Education, and Rutgers Executive Education.
A former finance executive and NYU Professor, Michelle is a regular in the media appearing on CBS, NBC, Fox, NPR, CNBC, the NY Times, the Wall Street Journal, Working Mother, US News & World Report, MSNBC, Forbes and USA Today among many others.
Michelle spent a decade in finance with positions in audit, M&A, financial consulting, VC, and hedge fund investing. She received her BS from Lehigh University, her MBA from Columbia Business School, and her coaching certification from iPec and holds the PCC certification from the International Coaching Federation. Executive Essentials is a certified Women Business Enterprise.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Lead with confidence and authenticity
- Excel in making new and lasting connections
- Make a strong, positive first impression
- Build trust to improve productivity, morale, loyalty, and retention
- Improve collaboration, reduce conflict and increase your influence
9:00 to 10:30
- Group shares about their “connected Leaders”
- Group define a Connected Leader
- Why Connected Leadership matters to individual and organization
- Brand defined by group and speaker
- Group list generation: What contributes to your personal / leadership brand
- Audience choice of visual elements to teach out and try out
- Verbal tools and detractors Q&A
- Online impact audit
- Individual activity: Your Three words. Participants begin to clarify their personal leadership brand
10:45 to 12:00
- Small group flip Chart activity followed by large group discussion about networking perceptions and skills
- Three shifts in Relationship Networking from traditional networking
- Table activity: what would be on your bio slide: prizes given
- Anatomy of a conversation with elements of the laws of likability
- Table activity and group share: conversational openers and closers
- Why relationships matter: The need to network internally and externally
1:00 to 2:30
- Explain the 4 pillars of trust: Authenticity, vulnerability, transparency, consistency.
- Activity: Break into 4 groups each gets one of the following assignments. The content is delivered through a teach out and speaker facilitation of additional content.
- Develop and agree on a definition of the word TRUST.
- Brainstorm ways you can intentionally Build Trust at work?
- Brainstorm ways people Break Trust at work?
- How do you Restore Broken Trust?
Competencies and Target Audience
Level of Leaders
MOST appropriate = Level 2 (Leader of Others) = Middle managers, people leaders, frontline supervisors
NEXT appropriate = Level 3 (Leader of Self) = High potentials, emerging leaders, 1st time managers
Registration Options & Pricing
To register one or more attendees online with a credit card, click the desired link below. You’ll receive an email confirmation with a receipt. Each person registered will receive a ticket with detailed instructions.
To receive an invoice or pay with a check, please email our registrar Nadine@LeadershipUSA.com with attendee names, titles, and email addresses.
Live Instructor-Led Event in Denver . . . REGISTER FOR DENVER
- $299 per member, $499 per guest (includes breakfast, lunch, all-day beverages, parking, wifi, and participant materials)
- $1999 for a table of 8 or $19,999 for an annual table (email Nadine@LeadershipUSA.com for these options)
Live Stream to Individual, Team, or Group . . . REGISTER FOR LIVE STREAM
- Single-Device/Single-User License per event – $199 per person (members)
- Single-Site/Multi-User License per event – $499 small company (fewer than 500 total employees)
- Single-Site/Multi-User License per event – $999 small company (500+ total employees)
If you have multiple sites or are not a member of LEADERSHIP USA, please email Nadine@LeadershipUSA.com for options.
Recorded Live Event . . . BUY THE RECORDING
- $199 per member
- $1,999 unlimited license for all employees in all locations
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Elements of Engagement: Large group discussion, small group discussion, partner exercises, individual reflection
Recommended CPE Credits: 5.4 for the Group Live event only
Recommended Field of Study: Personal Development
Program Level: Basic
Advance Preparation: NONE
Cancellation Policy: A 100% refund will be given if notice is received 72-hours (3 business days) prior to the learning event. Within 3 business days, substitutions ARE allowed. No refunds are given for sickness or inclement weather, unless CDOT closes the roads. Registrants who do not attend and do not substitute another person will receive a recording of the event. For more information regarding refunds, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 303-471-7401. Please email our registrar Nadine Balabanoff at Nadine@LeadershipUSA.com to have your ticket transferred to another attendee.
LEADERSHIP USA, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. These programs have been submitted to the NASBA for review for 5.4 recertification credits. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org
This activity has been approved for 4.5 HR General recertification credit hours toward California, GPHR, PHRi, SPHRi, PHR and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This program is valid for 4.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
If you have membership or registration questions, please contact Laura@LeadershipUSA.com or call 303-471-7401.