One of the biggest challenges facing your organization today is developing the leaders of tomorrow. Those future leaders who will have the skills and talent to keep up with technology, engage a different type of workforce, and understand how to succeed in a far more competitive marketplace. To develop these future leaders, you need a different type of development program.
The LEADERSHIP USA ACCELERATE Program
LEADERSHIP USA offers THREE different ACCELERATE groups:
Level 1 (Leader of Leaders): Directors identified as successors to the executive committee/senior leadership within the next 1-3 years
Level 2 (Leader of Others): Managers identified as successors to directors within the next 1-3 years
Level 3 (Leader of Self): Individual contributors identified as successors to people leaders within the next 1-3 years
High Potentials learn most effectively when they learn, apply, and practice new skills over a longer period of time (3-12 months). Not merely a matter of hours or days, our program addresses best practice research with sustained development over multiple months and several learning modalities.
The ACCELERATE program participants meet three times in person and three times virtually to interact in an open, transparent environment where real issues are safely discussed. ACCELERATE participants will also receive leadership assessments, pre- and post-program 360 assessments, a mentor, cross-company peer mentoring, and executive coaching sessions.
Each participant will attend one LEADERSHIP USA program every three months appropriate for their level (more sessions are available ala carte as desired at a reduced rate). Each group matches eight non-competitive participants at the same level for leadership education, assessments, executive coaching, and cross-company peer mentoring (groups will depend upon how many apply from each LEADERSHIP USA member company).
What is the purpose of the LUSA ACCELERATE Program?
The ACCELERATE program is designed to provide High Potential Leaders (boxes 7, 8, and 9 in the 9-box system) with a targeted growth and development opportunity that augments your internal offerings. Participants will develop their skills, address their challenges, and leverage their unique talents. The structured interaction with peers from other member companies will allow them to build a strong network and collaborate around challenges and trends. Group members can discuss their goals and best practices in a private, confidential environment, while receiving external perspectives they can bring back to their own organizations. Upon completion, participants will be prepared to move into roles of greater influence and responsibility, so you can continue to grow your leadership pipeline and retain these high potentials.
How are participants selected?
Participants must be employees of a LEADERSHIP USA member company. The LEADERSHIP USA ACCELERATE program is intended to supplement, not replace, a participant’s overall development plan. Candidates are identified through an organization’s regular performance management, succession planning, and talent review process. Candidates are then nominated to the Leadership Advisory Council member, and the application is completed by the nominee and LAC member and submitted to LEADERSHIP USA. We will jointly determine where the participant will be appropriately placed per your organizational structure and roles.
- Take the Everything DiSC® Management Profile
- Receive two DiSC® Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders performance feedback surveys (at the beginning of the program to establish a baseline and at the end to demonstrate improvement).
- Participate in four 1-on-1 coaching sessions with our LEADERSHIP USA executive coach, Kathy Cooperman. Kathy has over 30 years of executive coaching experience and holds an M.A. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from Southern Illinois University. She is a Certified Professional Coach (CPC) and a graduate of iPEC Coaching Institute (ELI-M).
- Initial intake to review assessment results and develop personal action plan
- Two sessions to review progress
- Final review of 360 feedback, successes, and future improvement
- Meet quarterly with manager to share goal progress and accountabilities.
- Meet quarterly with a mentor from another member company (each company provides one mentor for each person in the Accelerate program).
- At the start of the program, attend a video conference call to meet fellow group members and share personal goals.
- Attend three, one-day LEADERSHIP USA learning events annually (every three months), taught by world-class thought leaders, preferably in person or via live stream if out of town.
- Commit to watching the recording prior to the group call if unable to attend that day. (Participants may attend any additional LEADERSHIP USA learning events of their choosing at a reduced $199 rate.)
- Meet with fellow group members in the off month via GoToMeeting (or in a conference room at a company location) for a facilitated working group discussion with Laura Stack to receive peer mentoring and implement learning as it relates to individual action plans and identified challenges.
- Meet in person with fellow group members and Laura Stack following each learning event (at rotating company locations) for a facilitated peer mentoring session. In the off month, meet via GoToMeeting to discuss individual action plans and challenges.
- Work on a Capstone Project of your choosing throughout the year (e.g. a significant company issue named by senior leadership, a strategic project plan, personal career plan, desired mindset shift, personal behavior changes, additional skills training and coursework, etc.).
- Email your peer group with confidential questions, challenges, coaching, and guidance.
- Access executive coaches between coaching sessions throughout the year as needed in 10-minute phone/email “laser sessions.”
- Attend an end-of-program video conference call to share what’s changed for them personally. (Group members may also choose to meet at a restaurant in person at attendee expense.)
What is the investment per participant?
$3,799 = Without an annual table or live stream subscription (ala carte)
$2,899 = With an existing annual table subscription (this person will be identified as one of your eight seats that month) or a live stream subscription (for remote participants)
Your investment includes three instructor-led learning events, three facilitated group meetings, three mentoring sessions, four formal executive coaching sessions, two 360-degree performance reviews, one leadership competency assessment, ad hoc access to group members and coaches, course materials, and kick-off and final meetings. Group members must commit to the entire program, so all participants receive the full advantage of their contributions.
- Three 4.5-hour learning events (live stream or in-person depending upon location)
- Three two-hour in-person peer mentoring sessions
- Three one-hour virtual group calls
- Four 1-on-1 virtual executive coaching sessions (60 to 90 minutes)
- Four 1-on-1 meetings/calls with immediate supervisor
- Two 360-degree feedback surveys
- One leadership assessment
- One kick-off and one closing meeting (in-person or virtual)
- Action plan/capstone report (presented to managers at closing celebration)
- ½ day – Friday, January 24, 2020, Level 1/2:
Peter Sheahan, Leading Growth and Transformation: How Leaders Accelerate Their Organizations’ Progress to the Future
- ½ day – Tuesday, April 7, 2020, Level 2/1:
Joel Block, The Inside Track on Money and Capital: Leveraging all of Your Resources into Powerful and Profitable Outcomes
- ½ day – Wednesday, July 8, 2020, Level 2/1:
John Austin, Strategic Thinking: Shifting Mindsets and Building the Strategic Capacity of Your Team
- Thursday, February 13, 2020, Level 2/3:
Marcia Reynolds, Emotional Intelligence for Leaders: Build Stronger Relationships with Team Members
- Thursday, May 7, 2020, Level 2/1:
Bob Wendover, DecisioNinjas: Building Tomorrow’s Generation of Workplace Problem Solvers
- Thursday, August 13, 2020, Level 2/1:
Holly Green, Using Your Brain to Win in Today’s Hyper Paced World: Living & Thriving at the Pace of Change
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020, Level 3/2:
Mandi Stanley, Write It So They Read It: Executive-Level Business Writing in Just One Day
- Tuesday, June 9, 2020, Level 3/2:
Jan Dwyer-Bang, Stepping Up to Supervision: How to Increase Your Influence with Others
- Tuesday, September 15, 2020, Level 3/2
Tony Chatman, The Force Multiplier: How Contributors Can Transform into Leaders of Winning Teams
What are the next steps?
- A biography or resume with work history
- A photo in .jpg or .png format
- A short paragraph about what you’re hoping to achieve in this program and/or how you want to grow as a leader