Thursday, November 12, 2020
With Clint Swindall, CSP
9:00 to 2:30 Session
2:30 to 3:00 Networking
Location: The Curtis Ballroom, 5345 Landmark Pl, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Session Includes: Seminar, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking, and Materials
Research indicates that less than one-third of employees are truly engaged. The vast majority of employees simply show up to work each day prepared to do the minimum to get by. This problem of employee disengagement is a source of ongoing frustration for leaders of any organization. Not only does it irritate the management team, it demoralizes the productive employees who carry the majority of the work load.
The solution for overcoming employee disengagement is Engaged Leadership … a proactive approach to leadership that involves building consensus for the vision, inspiring employees to pursue the vision, and developing the team to realize the vision. In the midst of managing the business, there must be a focus on developing better leaders who understand the importance of a strong culture with a focus on the employee.
Over the past two decades, Clint has been developing his own approach to leadership, and can help you understand what actions can be taken to develop skills in all three areas, including:
- How do Directional Leaders build a consensus for the vision?
- How do Motivational Leaders inspire employees to pursue the vision?
- How do Organizational Leaders develop the team to realize the vision?
In this program, Clint will discuss the importance of all three aspects of Engaged Leadership and will stress the overall importance of having what he calls a “character core.” He will share a considerable amount of useful information and deliver his message in an entertaining and inspirational style.REGISTER NOW »
Instructor: Clint Swindall, CSP
Clint is the president and CEO of Verbalocity, Inc., a personal development company with a focus on leadership enhancement. These solutions include leadership development programs, training, speaking and general consulting.
As a professional speaker, Clint travels the world delivering high-content speeches and training in an entertaining and inspirational style to Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and trade associations. His clients include 7-Eleven, American Express, BMW, Hallmark Gold Crown, Jack-in-the-Box, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, and Keller Williams.
Clint enjoys the challenge of enhancing employee engagement for his clients by delivering programs based on his book entitled Engaged Leadership: Building a Culture to Overcome Employee Disengagement. He recognizes that a culture of employee engagement is a two-way road, and that true engagement comes when leaders and employees are both doing their part. In addition to working with leaders to build a culture to overcome employee disengagement, Clint addresses the employee’s role in his follow-up book entitled Living for the Weekday: What Every Employee and Boss Needs to Know about Enjoying Work and Life.
He is the recipient of the Certified Speaking Professional designation, the speaking profession’s international measure of professional platform competence. Just over 10% of speakers worldwide who are a part of the Global Speakers Federation hold this designation.
As a professional speaker, trainer and leadership consultant, he has delivered his programs throughout the United States, Canada, South America, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Bermuda, and The Bahamas.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Apply the concepts of Directional Leadership to build a consensus for the vision.
- Apply the concepts of Motivational Leadership to inspire employees to pursue the vision.
- Apply the concepts of Organizational Leadership to develop the team to realize the vision.
- Identify the importance of personal leadership and how it affects our ability to lead those around us.
9:00 to 10:30
- Directional Leadership Learning Point – Setting expectations and consequences
- Motivational Leadership Learning Point – Giving people something to run toward
- Organizational Leadership Learning Point – Building a bridge between generations
- Open Discussion – Application
10:45 to 12:00
- Best Boss Ever – Group Discussion
- Worst Boss Ever – Group Discussion
- Directional Leadership Learning Point – Preparing the organization for change
- Motivational Leadership Learning Point – Celebrate small successes
- Organizational Leadership Learning Point – Moving toward real empowerment
- Group Discussion/Case Study – Application and Q&A
1:00 to 2:30
- The Importance of Personal Leadership
- Dr. Nobel Story – How You Live Matters
- Introduction of Living for the Weekday
- 30-Day Challenge
- Personal Leadership Learning Point
- Personal Leadership Learning Point
- Open Discussion and Next Steps
Competencies and Target Audience
Level of Leaders
MOST appropriate = Level 2 (Leader of Others) = Middle managers, people leaders, frontline supervisors
NEXT appropriate = Level 1 (Leader of Leaders) = Senior leaders, executives, large span of control
Registration Options & Pricing
To register one or more attendees online with a credit card, click the desired link below. You’ll receive an email confirmation with a receipt. Each person registered will receive a ticket with detailed instructions.
To receive an invoice or pay with a check, please email our registrar [email protected] with attendee names, titles, and email addresses.
Live Instructor-Led Event in Denver . . . REGISTER FOR DENVER
- $299 per member, $499 per guest (includes breakfast, lunch, all-day beverages, parking, wifi, and participant materials)
- $1999 for a table of 8 or $19,999 for an annual table (email [email protected] for these options)
Live Stream to Individual, Team, or Group . . . REGISTER FOR LIVE STREAM
- Single-Device/Single-User License per event – $199 per person (members)
- Single-Site/Multi-User License per event – $499 small company (fewer than 500 total employees)
- Single-Site/Multi-User License per event – $999 small company (500+ total employees)
If you have multiple sites or are not a member of LEADERSHIP USA, please email [email protected] for options.
Recorded Live Event . . . BUY THE RECORDING
- $199 per member
- $1,999 unlimited license for all employees in all locations
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Elements of Engagement: Large group discussion, small group discussion, partner exercises, individual reflection
Recommended CPE Credits: 5.4 for the Group Live event only
Recommended Field of Study: Personal Development
Program Level: Basic
Advance Preparation: NONE
Cancellation Policy: A 100% refund will be given if notice is received 72-hours (3 business days) prior to the learning event. Within 3 business days, substitutions ARE allowed. No refunds are given for sickness or inclement weather, unless CDOT closes the roads. Registrants who do not attend and do not substitute another person will receive a recording of the event. For more information regarding refunds, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 303-471-7401. Please email our registrar Nadine Balabanoff at [email protected] to have your ticket transferred to another attendee.
LEADERSHIP USA, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. These programs have been submitted to the NASBA for review for 5.4 recertification credits. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org
This activity has been approved for 4.5 HR General recertification credit hours toward California, GPHR, PHRi, SPHRi, PHR and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This program is valid for 4.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
If you have membership or registration questions, please contact [email protected] or call 303-471-7401.