- What unique leadership development challenges does LEADERSHIP USA™ answer?
- What are the unique benefits of membership in LEADERSHIP USA?
- What can members expect as probable outcomes from attending our learning events?
- How does LEADERSHIP USA compare to other leadership development offerings?
- How many people typically attend monthly learning events?
- What is the background of the LEADERSHIP USA™ faculty?
- How much does membership cost and how much are the meeting registration fees?
- What’s included with my registration fee?
- How much work will this take for our company to be a member?
- Is any pre-work required to attend the learning events?
- How can my team continue our learning after each event and ensure implementation?
- How do I register and can I register multiple people from my organization online?
- How far in advance can I register?
- Where do I find the calendar of learning events for my region?
- What if I’m unable to attend a program in which I’ve already enrolled?
- What if a region doesn’t exist for one of my offices?
- What if I’d like to discuss if membership in LEADERSHIP USA™ is right for me?
- I’m ready to join! What do I do next?
Many organizations report a dearth of competent leaders. Some have leadership development programs; most don’t. They know there’s a problem but don’t have the time or talent to set up and run a cohesive program with ongoing development events. And even if they do, their programs don’t offer a focused sharing of best practices among divergent organizations and industries, nor any focus on implementation strategies and accountability.
In 2017, these challenges led to the creation of LEADERSHIP USA™ INC. (our national headquarters in Denver) through the vision of our Founder & CEO, Laura Stack, MBA, CSP, CPAE, an award-winning keynote speaker, bestselling author, and noted 25-year authority in employee productivity and performance. Laura is focused on opening regional offices in every major market in the U.S. throughout 2018. We saw a gap in what internal and external leadership development programs were missing and have designed our offerings to provide maximum value for participating leaders within our member organizations.
Even if your organization has a robust leadership development program, LEADERSHIP USA can augment your current offerings with a cost-effective way to give your leaders regular access to outside thought leaders and leaders from other companies. And if you have a waiting list for your development program, you can still provide development opportunities while your leaders wait for entry into your program. And if you don’t have a leadership program at all, LEADERSHIP USA™ will become your outsourced development partner.
- Member representatives form a peer advisory group and determine the curriculum. One senior representative from each member organization sits on the Leadership Advisory Council (LAC), which collectively determines the upcoming curriculum and discusses best practices in leadership development. The LAC meets quarterly to develop relationships with peers and get external input on internal needs or challenges. Every region’s LAC has a private LinkedIn group where members can post questions and resources. And all LAC members can attend any of the monthly learning events for free.
- Monthly in-person learning events with world-class faculty providing new ideas on how to lead better. The monthly events provide attendees the opportunity to learn from world-class faculty. Our faculty is comprised of some of the country’s best thought leaders, topic experts, workshop presenters, and/or bestselling authors. They have met the highest criteria in their fields and are well-suited for leading workshops to create the best learning outcomes. You may not recognize all their names, but they are rock stars in their niches. If leaders commit to regularly attending as many sessions as possible, they will see a greater ROI of their investment of time and resources. While one can learn significant new ideas from a single session, the continual focus on learning and implementing new ideas increases the results exponentially. As Seth Godin says, “If you want to teach, change minds, or cause action, a consistent curriculum is always better than a single event.”
- Purposeful interaction with leaders from organizations outside your industry. This cross-pollination of best practices can plant ideas not common or known within one’s own organization or industry, thus bringing new thinking for solving leadership problems back inside. Throughout the seminar, participants will be asked to work with those outside their organization to expand their network of valued colleagues, and they are offered the opportunity to follow-up with these connections afterward.
- Focus on execution and implementation back at the office. The monthly sessions will not only provide new ways of becoming a better leader, but they focus on implementation and accountability as well. Attendees are invited to attend a bonus session at the end of the seminar to create the action steps needed to implement their takeaways. They can also attend a follow-up group call to discuss their implementation successes and seek refinements to their approaches.
- Broader reach to your leaders through a quarterly webinar with our faculty. If you have remote leaders or those unable to attend the in-person learning events, they can still receive new ideas from our faculty via quarterly webinars available to all members’ employees.
- Self-study resources via our Learning Library portal. Resources provided by our faculty are posted to our portal to keep the momentum going after the seminar, or to provide high-quality learning any time. Any employee can access the portal for individualized learning opportunities.
- Integration with your Women in Leadership program. We will partner with your internal women’s leadership program to integrate LEADERSHIP USA curriculum with your needs. Additionally, we’ll offer an Annual Summit in the summer for all members’ women leaders to attend (separate registration fee for the Summit).
- Nationwide membership allows your leaders to access learning events anywhere they live. Membership in LEADERSHIP USA is a national membership, not a local one. For one membership fee, your leaders may attend learning events at any of our regions at the discounted membership registration rate.
If the leader regularly attends the sessions and commits to being fully present and open to learning and trying new ideas, s/he can expect an increase in:
- Confidence in presenting and implementing new ideas
- Access to a new brain trust beyond their own organization/industry
- Sharing and gathering best practice tips among other attendees
- Willingness to proactively head off problems
- Team cooperation resulting in more collaboration, more innovative solutions, easier work flow, less rework, and fewer problems
- Positive behavior toward coworkers and stakeholders
- Sensitivity to and awareness with customers and coworkers
- Communication and connectedness with his/her teammates
- Ability to have meaningful discussions with his/her colleagues, rather than just cursory reports
- Team loyalty and reduced turnover and absenteeism
While LEADERSHIP USA™ membership is national, member companies are affiliated with a local region, typically where they are headquartered. Each region varies in the number of member companies affiliated there, and companies send differing numbers of leaders to the monthly learning event (some send 3 and some send 15). So, the number of affiliated members and the number of attendees per member will dictate the attendance (between 30-100).
Our faculty members have either been inducted into the National Speakers Association (NSA) Speaker Hall of Fame (fewer than 200 worldwide) and hold the CPAE designation (Council of Peers Award for Excellence) and/or have earned the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation. Conferred by the NSA, the CSP is the speaking profession’s international measure of professional platform competence. The certification demonstrates commitment to the profession, top-notch speaking ability, and a track record of professionalism and success. About 12 percent of the 5,000 + speakers worldwide currently hold this professional designation, which means our faculty members are recognized as some of the best in their fields. You’ll experience an optimum learning environment with a high-level of interaction between the faculty member and the participants, as well as between participants.
Membership is $6,000 per year for all leaders in the entire organization, nationwide. Attendees from member organizations receive discounted pricing of $299 for the monthly learning events. Non-members may attend the learning events at the $499 guest rate, but they don’t receive access to any other member benefits such as the webinars, learning portal, women in leadership program, or Leadership Advisory Council representation.
Your registration fee includes the seminar, all materials, breakfast & lunch, all-day beverages, parking, wifi access, and supplementary learning resources provided by the instructor. If you attend from out of town, your travel expenses are additional.
Very little! Simply provide the email addresses of the leaders you wish to invite to the learning events, and we’ll send them a monthly announcement. Or you can forward it to them or add the schedule to your own LMS if you prefer. Register LEADERSHIP USA INC. in your vendor management system, and we handle the registration, logistics, and invoicing. Attending quarterly Leadership Advisory Council meetings with other high-level leadership development peers in your local area is a big member benefit.
While pre-work isn’t required to attend a learning event, we do recommend you purchase the faculty member’s book upon which the course is based to read beforehand. Also visit the instructor’s website and watch available videos and read authored articles. Meet with your team (if attending together) or your boss to discuss your goals and what you hope to gain from the program.
If there are multiple people attending a learning event from your organization, our sustainability program will help drive the learning home! Attendees can meet in person or virtually following the event to discuss their learning and implementation goals using instructor-provided discussion guides. These follow-up meetings help participants sustain momentum and realize behavior change back at the office.
Go to www.LeadershipUSA.biz and click the REGISTER button at the top or see our step-by-step registration guide. If you are a member, enter your promotional code to receive the $200 member discount and register for $299 per person. You can register multiple people all at once if desired. You can pay using a credit card at the time of registration, or we can invoice you. Several organizations have also set up a Master Services Agreement and pre-paid with a purchase order. You can also call the LEADERSHIP USA™ HQ offices at 303-471-7401 and register over the phone, or send an email to our office manager, Nadine, at [email protected].
You can register as far in advance as you wish. Calendars are selected for an entire calendar year at one time, so you can plan your leadership development program around them and load them into your LMS if desired.
Go to the List of Regions, click your region, and select Upcoming Events.
You may cancel your registration at any time 72 hours in advance without penalty. Inside of 72 hours, fees are non-cancelable (excepting a medical emergency), as we have to provide our venue with our count for attendance and meals. Feel free to appoint a substitute to attend in your place with your ticket.
Remote team members can fly to another region and attend a learning event and schedule regular business meetings around the same trip. The team can participate virtually in one of the quarterly webinars, included in your membership dues. As a third alternative, if you have enough remote employees, please contact us to discuss filming an event.
Contact your Regional Director by selecting your region. You’ll find your Director’s contact information on the bottom right corner of the homepage.
Fill out this membership enrollment form! LEADERSHIP USA INC. will receive your application and reach out to welcome you! We will notify your Regional Director that you’ve joined, if you haven’t already been in touch. We will send you an invoice electronically for the $6,000 membership dues.
If you have any questions, call the LEADERSHIP USA INC. headquarters at 303-471-7401 or email our office manager, Nadine, at [email protected].
We look forward to welcoming you to LEADERSHIP USA!